What San Francisco neighborhoods do you cover?
- Including, but not limited to: North Beach, Nob Hill, Russian Hill, Pacific Heights, Marina, Cow Hollow
GERNAL DOG REQUIREMENTS
What dog training is necessary before our dog can join a group walk membership?
- It’s best if your pooch has some basic training or is enrolled in some basic training classes.
- A good recall command (“Barkley, come!”) is nice, but we can work on that together.
- It is best if your dog has prior experience being at an off-leash park.
- They need to be compatible with both dogs and humans.
Some dogs and puppies may not have all of the above skills, however they may have demonstrated potential and can be brought up to speed with private training sessions.
What do you look for in a client candidate?
Generally I’m looking for invested dog parents who want the best for their pup, and who take an active role in their ongoing development and exercise. The best client relationships I have are those where all parties – the parents, the dog trainer(s) and myself – work in concert to keep up good manners, reward positive behaviors, redirect unwanted behaviors, and strive to both challenge and bring out the best in the canine kiddo.
Are there any other requirements for joining group walk memberships?
- Current DHLPP, Bordetella and Rabies vaccinations.
- On a flea and tick control program.
- Neutered or spayed dogs only (except for puppies).
ABOUT THE GROUP WALKS
Will my dog get dirty?
- If they’re doing it right!
- Our walks take place in forests, on fields and at beaches. Through playtime activities and satisfying their natural curiosity, it’s quite often they get a little sandy and dirty. All dogs are toweled off, though some dirt, sand or moisture can still exist.
- If mess is a concern, I often suggest a crated or gated area to leave your pup so the sand and dirt can fall off while waiting for you to return home.
Do you guarantee pick up and drop off times?
- I provide general windows, but cannot guarantee exact times.
What is your payment policy for group dog walks?
- Group dog walking is handled as a monthly membership, like joining a gym. There is one walk per day, Monday through Friday. This keeps the packs consistent as well as the routine for everyone involved, including you.
- Payment is due at the beginning of the month, for each month of membership.
- Vacation (i.e. no dog walking on those days) can be planned each year for you. Monthly memberships will be prorated.
HOLIDAYS & VACATION
What holidays are observed and do not include group dog walking?
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving & Friday After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
Do you take vacation?
- Yes. I think it’s good for the soul to have a little time off for rest and relaxation.
- I take up to three weeks per year of unpaid time off. Monthly dog walking memberships are prorated.